Fight The Power: Press Forward with Passion and Purpose
The excitement is building for the upcoming NABJ19 Convention & Career Fair
to be held on Aug. 7-11 at the JW Marriott Miami Turnberry Resort & Spa.
The 2019 NABJ Annual Convention & Career Fair is the premier venue for journalism education, career development and networking opportunity that draws leaders in journalism, media, technology, business, arts and entertainment. Over 3,000 of the nation’s top journalists, media executives, public relations professionals and students will gather in Miami, beginning Aug. 7-11.
The NABJ Career Fair draws hundreds of recruiters from the top media companies and journalism schools from across the country and around the world. Countless headline makers, innovators, and industry leaders in politics, media, journalism, and film have attended NABJ Conventions. Sen. Barack Obama, President George W. Bush, President Bill Clinton, Vice Presidents Al Gore and Joseph Biden, U.S. Secretary of State Hillary Rodham Clinton, U.S. Attorney General Loretta Lynch, U.S. Housing and Urban Development Secretary Julián Castro, RNC Chairmen Michael Steele and Reince Priebus, Huffington Post founder Arianna Huffington, Bishop T. D. Jakes, and the Rev. Al Sharpton all have shared their wisdom and insight with our members.
Join us for an extraordinary gathering filled with innovative programs, remarkable presenters, and fantastic networking opportunities.
The host hotel is sold out! This years convention will set records. Below is a list of 3 overflow hotels that have not sold out yet!
Overflow Hotel – 6 min. (1.1 mi) to the Host Hotel
AC Hotel Miami Aventura – ROOM RATE UPDATE
20805 Biscayne Blvd.
Aventura, FL 33180
The #NABJ19 discounted standard room rate is NABJ Block 2 $139 + tax (13% tax). Click HERE for Online Reservations
Overflow Hotel – 4 min. (0.9 mi) to the Host Hotel
Aloft Hotel Miami Aventura – ROOM RATE UPDATE
2910 NE 207th St.
Aventura, FL 33180
877.619.0408 for Reservations
The #NABJ19 discounted standard room rate is NABJ Block 2 $139+ tax (13% tax). Call 877.619.0408 for reservations.
Overflow Hotel – 4 min. (1.0 mi) to the Host Hotel
Courtyard Marriott Miami Aventura Mall
2825 NE 191th St.
Aventura, FL 33180
800.319.5127 for Reservations
The #NABJ19 discounted standard room rate is $129 + tax (13% tax). Click HERE for Online Reservations
March 1, 2019
June 1, 2019
After June 1, 2019
Emerging Professional Member
Media-Related Professional Member
|Affiliate Chapter Member Discount
*Not available online
Discount available by mail or fax only
Affiliate membership will be verified
|$275||Discount Expired||Discount Expired|
|Child (under 12 yrs. old)||$225||$225||$300|
|Daily Registrant – Member||$295||$295||$295|
|Daily Registrant – Non-Member||$400||$400||$400|
|Convention Special Events|
|Hall of Fame Awards Induction & Luncheon
Friday, Aug. 9, 2019
|Salute to Excellence Gala
Saturday, Aug. 10, 2019
Sunday, Aug. 11, 2019
Please Note: Underage drinking is not permitted at NABJ events. In addition, all convention attendees are subject to the rules of the NABJ Code of Conduct.
Important Notice: Entry to each event is on a first-come first-served basis. You may not be able to enter some sessions because of seating capacity. We strongly encourage you to arrive early. Otherwise, you may be directed to an overflow room, a closed circuit hotel channel or viewing through live-stream sources.
REGISTRATION AND CANCELLATION POLICIES
- Registration confirmations will be emailed.
- Registration transfer requests must be in writing and received on or before June 1, 2019.
- Promo codes and discounts must be processed during registration to receive the discounted rate. No adjustments or refunds will be honored.
- Only registered attendees with a badge may attend convention events/activities.
- Lost badge fee is $100.
- All meal events will be ticketed. Tickets are not guaranteed unless selected on the registration form. Seats are limited and will be ticketed on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Registration rates quoted are in U.S. dollars. Checks must be payable in U.S. funds drawn on a U.S. bank.
- No personal checks accepted for onsite registration.
- Return check Fee is $50 in addition to registration fees.
- All requests for refunds must be in writing. For refund requests submit HERE. Telephone cancellations will not be accepted.
- Professional/Emerging/Alumni/Academic/Media Related member registration cancellations received on or before June 1, 2019, will be eligible for refund, less $125 administration fee ($35.00 for students)
- Cancellations/refunds/transfers will not be made for requests received after June 1, 2019. No Exceptions.
- Refunds will be processed four to six weeks after the convention.
Registration Installment Payment Agreement is available. All balances must be paid in full by June 1, 2019.
- The June 1, 2019 payment plan deadline will not be extended
- If you cancel your registration, the first installment payment is nonrefundable. No exceptions.
- Registration balance will be divided into equal monthly payments debit automatically on the 1st day of each month concluding with the last payment due on June 1, 2019.
- Outstanding balances must be paid in full by June 1, 2019 in order to receive registration materials.
- If there is a default in making any credit card payments, you will no longer be eligible for the payment plan and therefore the full balance is due.
- If the balance is not paid by June 1, 2019, the registration fee will be increased to the onsite rate. Any payments received after the pre-registration deadline will be applied towards the updated onsite rate balance.
If you have any registration questions, please contact registration services at 301-405-0554.